Sunday, May 6, 2012

Walk 7: marais 1, place des vosges and musee carnavalet

wednesday, may 2.
weather: cloudy, chance of rain.

Most of this walk was pretty blah, there were a lot of things I had never heard of and honestly didn't care too much about. I think I probably would have loved it if it was sunny but the cold and cloudy weather really gets me down. So instead of boring you all to pieces I am just going to show you the parts of this walk that I found funny, cool, interesting, or beautiful.


real flowers at the hotel de sens (most of the flowers there were fake). its not actually a hotel but a fine arts library. i may have to go back sometime.

 This was the wall that enclosed Paris in 1200. Below, the remains of a guard tower for the city wall.

Sphinx? made me laugh.

hotel de sully garden
 Next we went inside the apartment of Victor Hugo. These are just quick snapshots from my phone of the things I liked in his home.
matching curtains and wallpaper. the ceiling matched too. each room had a different pattern

left: fun carpet, right: plate collection

left: butterfly wallpaper, right: bad picture of a gorgeous photograph

left: Victor Hugo's desk (Brandon- you would love that room). right: statue of cosette

left: loved her matching boots and helmet, right: la licorne (unicorn) it was some kind of shop. love it.
 These next photos are cell phone pics from inside the musee carnavalet. since it was a museum about the history of paris, most of the art was gory/war related and did not interest me very much but i found a few things that i loved.




i could stare at this painting all day.

and a detail of the carousel.

loved the painting but loved the gold frame with the blue wall even more.




for those of you who can't read french: this is a real lock of marie antoinette's hair.

left: Hotel Chatillon (and a preview of my paris doors project) right: love the color


Hope there was at least one picture that made you smile.
xoxo Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment