Tuesday, May 22, 2012

together in paris!

monday may 14.
after class today we had a little 'family home evening' picnic in front of the eiffel tower. i could do this every day.
Then halfway through our lunch the police walk up to our group holding my roommate's iphone! Some little kids had stolen it and they got caught! It was so scary because none of us knew what was going on and then Chloe had to go to the police station to answer questions all day. Luckily she got her phone back and everything was ok, but I was paranoid the rest of the day!
 After lunch I went over to the Louvre to meet up with Bethany who was in Paris for the last few days of her study abroad program. It was so fun to spend the day with her. I also got to meet her friend Lauren who is engaged to Will Lassen. Small world. They were both hungry so even though I had just eaten we went to a nearby cafe, across the street from the comedie francaise. I got some mineral water and they got some yummy looking food, then we ate and chatted and people watched. The waiter was hilarious, every waiter I have had in Paris so far has been really entertaining.
We've been friends since we were 3!

on the right is the sandwich that bethany ordered, called the comedie panini. i tried a little and it was delicious
Next we wanted to go to the top of the Arc de Triomphe and then do some shopping on the Champs Elysees. We stopped at Laduree on the way for some macarons, which brought back some memories of when Bethany and I made macarons for our visiting teachees last summer :) The flavors I got were cassis (black currant), ghana chocolate, and my all time favorite, rose.



This is us eating our macarons by the Arc de Triomphe. This is also why you never hand your camera to a stranger.

Once we got to the ticket counter for the Arc de Triomphe the lady said that she would only accept my student card but not the ones from byu Idaho, so I decided to take them to Sacre Coeur instead because you can get an equally great view for free!
the carousel at Sacre Coeur and the stairs...so many stairs..


We sat and watched these awesome dancers for a little. Then we headed up to Place de Tertre where there are tons of artists working and selling their paintings right there.

Lastly we went to Shakespeare and Company because I knew Bethany would love it and I was right. We didn't get to stay too long because Bethany and Lauren were meeting up with their class for their last dinner in Europe.


After we said goodbye, (at this point I had no idea that she would be engaged the next day!) I wandered through the Marais a little bit before getting back on the metro. I stumbled upon this church near the Pompidou center with colorful oragami strung from the ceiling. It was so pretty!


I also came across this on the side of a building.
Another great day in Paris. I'm going to miss it here.
xoxo Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment