Thursday, May 17, 2012

walk 21: get lost!

Tuesday May 8.

Walk 21 is all about wandering around in Paris, which is exactly what I did today with Emily and Macord. We even flipped a coin a few times to decide which way to go. First we stopped by a local farmers market (another thing I can check off my to-do list!)
the french sure love their cheese.

these flowers were beautiful and smelled amazing. (the cheese, not so much.)
I ended up buying a jar of gourmandise white chocolate apricot nougat jam. I am saving it for my family so I haven't tried it yet but it sure looks good.

Here are some other fun things I saw on the walk.

old French cars are the cutest.



doors, doors, and more doors.
 After finding a bakery to grab some sandwiches for lunch we sat down by Notre Dame. It was a prime spot for people watching. One of our favorite games was "guess what country this couple is from".Very entertaining.
Next we went inside Shakespeare and Company, a lovely bookstore that carries tons and tons of books, old and new, all in English. Its been around since 1951 and apparently hasn't changed since. Pretty much everyone in the store, including the employees, were either American or British. Upstairs there are little places to sit and read, play the piano, or type little notes on a typewriter.

I could definitely spend lots of time in there.

xoxo Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment