Thursday, May 17, 2012

chateau de fontainebleau

thursday may 10.
Today we visited the chateau de fontainebleau as a class. It was the nicest weather we have had by far. We got to picnic in front of the castle and then took an audio tour at our own pace. A lot of the interior was disgustingly ornate and over the top, but there were a couple rooms that I liked, mostly the ones that Marie Antoinette decorated. My favorite part by far was the gardens and the lake. It was so nice just relaxing in the sunshine with my feet in the water. It was so warm, I couldn't help but think what it would have been like to live there back in the 18th century when the women had to wear so many layers of clothing, I don't know how they survived!


left: kings bedroom, right: napoleon's throne

the picture on the left is the hallway between the outside wall of the chapel and the facade that was added later so that the exterior matched the rest of the castle.

ceilings

rococo style details



probably my favorite part of the interior



xoxo Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment