Monday, February 25, 2013

Sprinkles Strawberry Frosting, aka the best frosting ever

A lot of people have asked me for this recipe recently, and since I don't technically own it I would feel selfish keeping it for myself. It comes from Candace Nelson, the owner of Sprinkles Cupcakes in Beverly Hills. Sprinkles is my favorite cupcake shop and my first stop whenever I fly into LA. My only warning is: prepare to be addicted!





Sprinkles Strawberry Frosting

Ingredients
1/2 cup whole strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly cold
Pinch coarse salt
3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Directions
Place strawberries in the bowl of a small food processor, process until pureed. Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and salt until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add confectioner's sugar, beat until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 Tbsp strawberry puree, mix until just blended. Do not overmix, or frosting will incorporate too much air. Frosting consistency should be dense and creamy, like ice cream.

You can find the strawberry cupcake recipe here.

You can find the pink tassel cake topper here.

No comments:

Post a Comment